Hotmail sign up: www.hotmail.com account is equivalent to a Microsoft account or an outlook account. Hotmail email account allows user to access Microsoft devices and services provided by them. It’s and account which will help you sign in to various featuring websites by Microsoft, skype, outlook, OneDrive, Xbox Live, Windows Phone . By creating an account you can link all your windows devices to one account and check your files , media and contacts on any windows device with the same windows account.
Microsoft account is called “Windows Live ID”.
Create Hotmail Account | Hotmail Sign Up
To create a new account on hotmail.com, you should visit www.hotmail.com website. After visiting, you are required to reach and either sign up or sign in for your hotmail account. There you will get two options
If you already have an account simply go to “sign in” and enter your username and password to sign in. If you do not have a Windows account, click on “sign up” option.
Sign up Hotmail – Fill The Required Information
Fill the sign up page: Here you will see the sign up page which is to be filled by you. You have to enter all your personal details asked in the blank sections of the page. i.e your name, birthday, gender, phone no. etc.
Aslo Check : Gmail Sign up & Sign in Guide
Creating Hotmail user name:
Now you have to choose the username for your account. Make sure it is a unique one. When you fill the blank space for “username” also make sure that “hotmail.com” is already selected for the adjacent blank. If you select “hotmail.com” only then will you be able to make a microsoft account otherwise you will be directed to some other mail account.
Create your password:
Always make sure that your password is a strong one, not easily guessable. There are some recommendations for your password creation as in, use at least 8 characters, numbers and special characters. Always remember that passwords are case sensitive so whenever you make a password make sure of what you are typing. Also remember that spaces are not to be included in password.
Contact details about you:
If in case you tend to forget your username or your password then you don’t really have issue as it can be retrieved with your contact information which you share with hotmail.
- You will be asked for a phone number so that you can get a link over text to help you change your password or username.
- Also you will be asked if you already have an account, here you can either add another account of yours or just any other account which you have access to.
- There are also a “security question” blank. This is the first option and the easiest option to help you retrieve your account. You simply have to choose a question from the list that is offered to you. Then find the most appropriate answer to that question, the solution to it should be such that you always remember it’s answer.
- Where you live: Then you see a bar which would be asking you to tell them where do you exactly belong to. All the countries of the world are registered to let their users create a hotmail account. Next you have to enter your zip/postal code.
Prove that you are real:
You might be thinking that why do we exactly have to prove that we are real and this is not done by some robot. The reason behind this is increasing technology, machines have become artificially intelligent and thus there are possibilities of them making an account.
For this you need write “captcha” letters written below when you fill the form.
Agree to the terms and conditions:
After filling required information, then the last step for signing up will be to “agree to the terms and conditions” of windows. Simply click on the “I agree box”depicting that you have agreed to the terms of service and security policy documents.
- You can have more than one email account
- Yes, you can have more than one hotmail account. considering the fact that you might forget the passwords, make sure you have secretly saved somewhere for your personal reference.
- When it says “This email is a part of reserved domain”
When it says that the email you are entering is a part of reserved domain then it means that the email you are trying is already registered with hotmail. Hence you cannot reuse it. You better create another email with the steps mentioned above.
When you have problems with captcha
First of all you must not really have any problems with reading it as it is pretty much clear. In case you still are not able to read it then there is a “refresh” option available next to the captcha. The refresh option will let you read a new captcha, you may enter that one and complete the sign up process.
You don’t really have to worry about case sensitiveness because in hotmail we don’t have case sensitive captcha.
A genuine confusion in the minds of the users
There is a confusion among the users that should they be using “hotmail domain” or “outlook domain” or “live domain”. The answer to this is that both of them are actually the same. There is no change in services in either of them. You can also create an account in both with already existing username that is, email@example.com
After this your account on Hotmail is created. To sign in Hotmail Follow the below steps:
Hotmail Sign in:
- Open hotmail.com
- Enter the username & password.
- Tap on sign, you are redirected to hotmail homepage
You can set up your hotmail account using these steps. Enjoy the services provided by Microsoft and also linking up all your windows devices with one another.