www.gmail.com : 13 years ago, Google launched an email service to improve the standards of electronic mail services. They named it Gmail. Since then www.Gmail.com has over powered its competitors Yahoo and Hotmail (to name a few). It’s available in 72 languages and is used by over 1 billion people. In this article we explained about Gmail Sign Up Process & Gmail Sign in Process.
Gmail’s interface has made it one of the most used email service and the pace at which it’s rendering, higher numbers are a certainty. Gmail not only helps you send, receive and record emails just like any other electronic mail provider but also provides you with other Google products which enhance user experience.
Create New www.gmail.com Account | Gmail Sign UP & Sign In
To Get Gmail Account, you need to create a Google account. This Google account will help you sign in to Google products like Gmail.com, YouTube, Google Play and Google Drive. You’ll be needing a desktop/laptop/phone/tab, an internet provider and you’re good to go. Using the URL, these are the steps you’ll be needing to sign up to Gmail.
Gmail Sign Up Process
1. Type the URL www.gmail.com.
2. A page showing sign in to continue to Gmail will appear. Since a google account hasn’t been created yet signing in wouldn’t happen.
3. You’ll have an option ‘More options’ present on the page. Click on it. You’ll find the option ‘create account’. The hyperlink will direct you to the ‘Google account creation page‘ / Gmail Home Page.
4. On this page, you’ll need to fill in the information required like the first name, last name and ‘choose your username’.
Selecting User Name in Gmail
There are almost a billion users across the world and duplication of usernames is a possibility. A Gmail address won’t be generated if
a) The username you’re willing to use is already in use
b) Username you’ve entered has already been used in the past and deleted
c) The username you’ve mentioned is very similar to an existing username (for example, if firstname.lastname@example.org is an existing username, you can’t use email@example.com)
5) If you enter an already existing username, it gives you a piece of information saying ‘That username is taken. Try another’. The best part; it also suggests usernames and if you’re still willing to enter a username of your choice, enter your username and check if it’s usable. This might take a couple of goes, but once you find a fitting username, you are ready to move to the next step.
Creating Password For Gmail Account
6)You have to create a password to safely log in to your account. Google will inform you that the length of your password should have a minimum of 8 characters. It makes sure that the password you’re trying to form isn’t too obvious. For security reasons of course. Google also calculates the strength of your password. Meaning, if the characters entered would be easy to crack. In this case, it gives you three options. Weak, Fair and Strong. Use an alphanumerical password or use the special characters to form a stern key. You have to confirm your entered password and move on to the next step.
7) Google then asks your birthday, gender, phone number and you can also enter an existing email address to help you keep your new account secure.
9)Google then acknowledges you with your new email address. Click on continue. It guides you to a new page where you can control, secure and protect your account.
10)You then have three columns stating Sign-in and security, Personal Info and Privacy and Account preferences.
Gmail Account Security
A) For the Security Checkup, you’ll have two options i) Recovery phone, where your entered phone number is shown. You also have an option to edit your phone number, but for that Google will ask for your verification. In this case, it’ll ask you to log in with your password. You can either update, remove or retain the same number. ii) Recovery email: this option is used for the user to provide with an existing email address, where your account info if breached will be told.
B) For Personal Info and Privacy, all your information will be displayed. Your name, birthday, phone number email, gender. You also have an ‘About me’ column where you can manage what personal information you’re willing to share with other users or make public.
C) The Account preferences option helps you choose the language you’d like to use to function (read/write) your Gmail account. You can also add an additional language.
It also contains the ‘Your Google Drive Storage’, where it shows the space your picture, documents and more have taken. Google drive offers 15GB of space for free and you can also add to this storage space with different plans. The plans are mentioned with the price and the space allotted.
11) After the completion of the above steps, where Privacy and Security are transcended to a higher level, you are ready to use your Google account.
Gmail Sign In / Gmail Login
TO SIGN IN AND LOG IN: On your laptop/desktop, use one of the web browsers and type gmail.com.
2) Enter your Gmail address and password and press Enter.
3) You’ll be directed to your Gmail page.
After completion of the above process; gmail sign up & Gmail signin, You are now ready to send and receive emails. Save information, documents, pictures, use Google products like YouTube, Google Drive, Google Play, Google Calendar, Google Maps, Google Search, Google Translate, Google Plus. This, with the maximum security any email service can provide you with.
How to log out Gmail account
The main reason behind signing out Gmail account is to protect our data and prevent others to misuse our accounts. The main motive behind two step verification in Gmail is to secure our privacy. So whenever we sign in to Gmail account in shared computer make sure to sign out after we used it. Procedure for Gmail sign out is depends on what device you are using like computer, Android device and iphone/ iPod.
To sign out your Gmail account from computer, at the top right corner of your Gmail home page you can observe your profile photo. Click on your photo and you can see sign out option there by click that option your account is signed out. And in case you open your Gmail account in another computer and forgot to sign out, go to Gmail account in your computer and at the bottom right corner you find option details. Click on details option and you can find Sign out all other web sessions option by go to that option your Gmail account in other computer will be signed out.
More than 1.2 billion in the world use Gmail and it is high likely that you will be one among them. Google’s G suite shared with me, many important tips which many might not be aware of:
1) Mute a Group Email: If you are part of an email conversation which you no longer want to be involved, then you can mute the email. By muting, you can keep the upcoming responses to a thread which is out of your inbox and you will never be disturbed by those nasty emails again. This helps you to focus on important email in your inbox. If anytime you wish to see those muted conversations and feel that they are important, you can type muted in the search box and all the muted conversations pop up. You can now select the email which you want to be unmuted. Select the email and then click more on the upper right corner and then select Unmute.
2) Sign out of all Sessions: If you opened gmail on a public computer like in a library or in a friends house and forgot to sign out, the second you realized that you forgot to signout, Gmail has given a great option to signout of all the devices. To access this option, login to your gmail account and scroll to the bottom where it says “Last Account Activity,” then click the “Details” button. Now click, “sign out all other web sessions” . By performing this, you can remotely logout of all the gmail accounts from computers in other areas where you previously forgot to logout.